- We develop new varieties, protect them by IP rights and then license them out.
- All our efforts are targeted to breeding and breeding alone.
High-quality apples from our independent breeding program
Innovative market introduction through strategic partnerships
Sole focus on breeding apple and pear
- Better3fruit runs one of the most innovative and largest apple and pear breeding programs in the world.
- In our varieties we aim at bringing all required traits together, without compromising on quality.
- Our breeding goals are targeted to the entire world.
- Our varieties are tested and grown all over the world.
- Our clients come from all over the world.
- Better3fruit is a private company, funded by our variety royalties. This independence gives us the freedom to set our own goals.
- It also means that there are no prior rights on our varieties and no preferred partners. Anyone, worldwide, can obtain a license on a Better3fruit variety.
- Our licensees value the same independence, so we make sure that we maintain full control of our varieties up until the point that we are ready to license them out. Our master licensees can therefore freely choose their sub-licensees throughout the entire chain, from tree nursery to marketing partners.
Guided market introduction
- Better3fruit encourages strategic partnerships in order to achieve an integrated marketing, quality control and supply in line with demand.
- We do not release our varieties freely onto the world and hope for the best. No, instead we search for the right partner for each of our varieties, who is able to take on the challenge of creating critical mass, developing the market and building a brand.
Our licensees are our partners
- It takes 20 years to develop a new variety, it takes just as long to earn back the investment. Throughout this process our licensee can count on our full support and benefit from our expertise.
“In the many years of cooperation with Better3fruit we learned to appreciate their reliability as a business partner.... read moreIlse Hayen & Urs T. Luder (EFC cvba & GKE nv)
“In the many years of cooperation with Better3fruit we learned to appreciate their reliability as a business partner. Openness and looking for practical business solutions are key ingredients for a partnership which needs to last for many years, as a new product makes its way into the market. With some interesting products on the horizon we hope to get other great products out of the Better3fruit program, which innovate the current market offer in the years to come.”
“The International Pome Fruit Alliance is an alliance of 7 leading World Apple and Pear Producers/Packers and... read morePeter Dall (International Pome Fruit Alliance)
“The International Pome Fruit Alliance is an alliance of 7 leading World Apple and Pear Producers/Packers and Marketeers. We have had a relationship with Better3fruit since the inception of IPA and have found Better3fruit to be one of the top five Apple and Pear Breeders in the World. Their professionalism, dedication to achieving goals set and results orientated approach to apple breeding, has always impressed us and continues to impress us. We are pleased that we have been able to secure the rights to one of Better3fruits very exciting varieties and we hope to secure the rights to even more varieties in the future. Congratulations on the achievements to date and the very exciting prospects for the future.”
“SAPO Trust has the opportunity to work with Better3fruit on several plant material matters such as maintenance of... read moreBurgert van Dyk (SAPO Trust)
“SAPO Trust has the opportunity to work with Better3fruit on several plant material matters such as maintenance of nucleus material and breeders’ rights in South Africa. It is a privilege working with the dynamic and innovative Better3fruit team on world class, new and promising apple varieties.”
“Better3fruit, creating the best quality fruit for mutual success. Putting smiles on faces of growers and consumers!”
"A valued partner of the Eufrin Working Group ‘Apple and pear variety testing’.”
“Independently testing the Better3fruit hybrids in the South Tyrolean apple growing area”.